MS and Other Neuro community
- We encourage our community to check MS Australia’s landing page for the latest information on COVID-19 and MS.
- Registrations are also now available for a new webinar ‘COVID-19 and MS’ with MS Nurse Tim O’Maley, next Wednesday.
- If you know someone living with MS or another neurological condition, we encourage you to check in on them regularly over the phone, video call or face to face (if safe to do so), to ensure that our community does not feel alone at this time.
MS Queensland Wellbeing Centres and Accommodation sites
- Following the Prime Ministers announcement last night to take further actions to support social distancing, we will be temporarily closing our Wellbeing centres. The closure is effective 24 March through to 13 April at this stage. We will assess the situation weekly and extend the closure if required.
- An interactive online wellness program launched 25th March 2020, to encourage the community to stay active and well during this time. Details of the program can be found here.
- All staff working at Accommodation or Wellbeing Centre sites are briefed to comply with client COVID-19 protocols including infection control, self-containment and good hygiene practices.
- Respectfully we are asking that visits to residents at accommodation sites for the immediate future are limited to essential visits, friends and family only, and communal areas are avoided to minimise the risk of infection.
- We are also asking that all visitors returning from overseas, have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, or are showing flue like symptoms to please not come to our Accommodation sites.
- Where possible, staff are limiting face to face contact with customers and utilising other methods such as teleconferencing and video conferencing.
- Prior to attending any face-to-face meetings staff are carrying out pre-visit phone calls to ensure they are safe to enter homes.
- Staff are also checking our customers are comfortable with the home visit going ahead.
- At this point in time, home visits from Physio therapists and Exercise Therapists will temporarily cease.
- The Physio Team are working to provide exercise programs for you that can be safely managed by you in your home.
- MS Queensland continues to temporarily suspend group physiotherapy and group exercise therapy services Dutton Park, Capalaba & Lutwyche at this time.
- We are aiming to move some customers impacted from the suspended group sessions into one-on-one appointments in the short term. Customers impacted will be contacted.
- Swimathons – Unfortunately the remaining 3 events (Cairns, Mackay & Townsville) have been cancelled.
- MS Readathon Camp – Postponed until further notice
- MS Brissie to the Bay – Still going ahead with exciting new changes
- MS Readathon – No change, launching in June
Your MS Queensland team are working remotely
- Although we are not imposing a mandated closure of the Milton office just yet, MS Queensland is supporting all our office staff with the ability to work from home to consider doing so.
- We have in place the IT infrastructure and technology platforms to ensure our staff remain connected and can collaborate in order to continue to provide support and service to our customers and partners.
It is business as usual. The MS Queensland team are fully available to support you and to continue to deliver exceptional service to ensure our MS community are not facing MS alone
These measures have been implemented to support the wellbeing of our staff, community and partners while we continue to deliver the high standard of services that our customers have come to expect.