ENERGY PRICES ARE CONTINUTING TO RISE
We're sure everyone has noticed the considerable climb in energy prices that has been encountered in recent years. Unfortunately, this is a trend that will not go away with considerable changes being made to Queensland’s electricity market.
Some top tips to save energy at home are:
- set air-conditioners to 24 degrees in summer and or use ceiling fans when able
- use a low-flow showerhead to save hot water and energy
- switch appliances off at the wall to cut standby power
- install energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
- switch off your second fridge.
Most retailers have Energy Plan information on their website to compare electricity and natural gas plans and see an estimated cost for your usage. The electricity market can be seen as a busy, confusing necessary cost that we must pay. There are some useful tools available to assist you to make an informed and efficient choice about your energy including comparison price tools, bill payment options to suit your needs, information to help you understand your electricity bill, alternative tariffs, energy saving tips and financial hardship programs.
INFORMATION AND TIPS
For more information and tips for energy saving, please click here.
Energy concessions are available for pensioners and seniors (click here for more information) by calling the Department of Communities on 13 QGOV (13 74 68), including:
- Medical cooling and heating electricity concession scheme
- Electricity and gas rebates
- Electricity life support
- Electricity and gas rebates for residential home parks and multi-unit residential purposes
- Home Energy Emergency Assistance Scheme
Assistance is available to eligible households across Australia for concession and healthcare card holders including:
- In section 4, tick a neurodegenerative disorder and write multiple sclerosis
- In section 5, add a new box and tick and write "air conditioning"
RECEIVED AN UNEXPECTED BILL OR HAVING PROBLEMS PAYING YOUR ENERGY BILL?