The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of purchasing and delivering supports and services.
If you are a person with a disability or a significant functional impairment, you may find differences in the way you access supports and services when the NDIS becomes available in your area. There may also be more available to you than before. You may also notice changes in some providers of support such as MS organisations.
What’s different for you?
- You choose the services and support you need instead of having to fit in with those that suppliers and support agencies choose to provide.
- You have more choice in the supports and services available.
- You can keep your current services and supports if you are happy with them.
- You don’t need to be registered with any Queensland Government department to participate in the NDIS.
- You have more control – you choose what works for you, and who provides it, and you decide how to spend your individual funds.
- You’ll need to make decisions about what you need and who can best provide it.
- Services are not rationed; they are based on your goals and the support you need to achieve those goals across your lifetime.
- If your situation or condition changes you can apply to have your funded plan adjusted to your needs.
- There may be changes in the way some services are provided by suppliers you are used to dealing with.
You don’t have to manage these changes alone – we’re here to help. If you would like to discuss the NDIS and what it means for you, call our team on the MS InfoLine 1800 177 591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s different for providers of support such as MS Queensland?
- People with an NDIS package get to choose if they want to purchase services from us.
- Instead of receiving block funding in advance from the state government to deliver programs, we receive payment for individual services after the service has been provided.
- We have to be customer-focused, responsive and provide value-for-money.
- We have to register as a provider for the NDIS and demonstrate our qualifications, experience and capacity.
We can help
If you would like to talk to our team about the NDIS please call us on the MS InfoLine 1800 177 591 or email email@example.com
For a handy list of reference sheets on aspects of the NDIS, as well as some useful NDIS websites, click here.