A number of support groups operate across Queensland offering localised self-help, friendship and support for people living with MS. The groups are autonomous and operate independently of MS Queensland and the number and diversity of groups reflect the vibrant and unique communities and people around the State.
Some groups are just social in nature (e.g. going out for coffee or the gym) while others are more structured to provide education and information on different aspects of MS. Some groups have been meeting for more than 20 years while others have only just formed. It doesn’t really matter what a group looks like or how many people attend, so long as everyone benefits from the fun, friendship and support on offer. What is probably most important is to find a group that best suits you!
People Living with MS Support Groups
Far North Queensland Region
Central Queensland Region
- Hervey Bay & Maryborough
- Gladstone Friends with MS
- Mackay- People with MS Coffee and Chat
- Rockhampton - Young People with MS
- Townsville - Young People Living Positively with MS
- Yeppoon Friendship Group
Sunshine Coast and South Burnett Region
- South Burnett
- Sunshine Coast - MS Self-Help Group
- Sunshine Coast - Sharers & Carers
- Sunshine Coast - Working with MS Group
- Sunshine Coast - Young People with MS
- Gympie - MS Coffee Group
- Brisbane Mobile Socialites (Brisbane North)
- Brisbane MS Friends & Co.
- Moreton Bay
- North Brisbane - Mi Story
- Toowoomba and District or visit the Toowoomba and District MS Support Group website to read more
- Toowoomba - parents with MS
Gold Coast Region (including far northern NSW)
If the contact details of a group aren't available in their information sheet, please call our NeuroAssist Team on 1800 177 591
SHARING AND INFORMATION
Groups are encouraged to communicate and share ideas and information with each other. MS Queensland supports this by being the “clearing house” for what’s happening with groups - for example MS Queensland publishes a monthly support group newsletter with MS information. MS Queensland also hosts an annual gathering that brings together MS support group representatives to share ideas with each other.
Some groups combine fundraising for MS Queensland with their social activities (eg volunteering for a Bunning’s BBQ). Doing so is completely up to the members of a group, however for legal reasons we ask that groups adhere to our fundraising guidelines when undertaking any fundraising under the name of MS Queensland.