WANT TO VOLUNTEER LIKE THESE GUYS?
We'd be happy to have you! As a volunteer for MS Queensland you'll be part of an amazing team who:
- help support thousands of Queenslanders currently living with MS;
- help raise awareness about MS across Australia; and
- help support our investment in global MS research to ultimately find a cure.
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER WITH US
We're looking for happy and motivated people that support our vision of 'a world free of MS and its devastating impact.' Without the support of our amazing volunteer community, many of the events and MS services we run would simply not be possible.
A large number of people so generously donate their time and energy to MS Queensland each year, but as we grow and expand our services for people with MS, our need for more volunteers grows. By volunteering with us, you'll not only contribute to making a big difference to the lives of people affected by MS, but you’ll also be enriching your own life and learning new skills along the way.
TYPES OF VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
We offer a range of volunteering opportunities across our organisation. We look after our volunteers with the same care and respect as we do our own staff; by offering you training and development opportunities, valuable experiences, and a chance to make a significant contribution in the fight against MS.
We welcome volunteers of all ages and backgrounds with a range of valuable skills and abilities. Enthusiasm and a willingness to make a difference are the only qualifications you need!!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- personal and professional growth
- potential career opportunities
- giving back to your community
- gain value skills and first hand applied experience
- meeting new people and making new friends
- belonging to the 'MS Queensland Volunteer Community'
- contribute the development of available MS Queensland services in your region
- ongoing support in your work with us; and
- make a major difference in the life of people living with MS.
For a full list of volunteer positions currently available with MS Queensland, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator or express your interest by completing our short online Volunteering Application Form - it takes as little as 3 minutes!
LOOKING AT CORPORATE VOLUNTEERING?
We're looking for socially responsible organisations who want to provide ways for their staff to contribute to a charity. Often volunteering results in higher staff engagement and morale as well as alternative skill development opportunities. Companies wishing to develop a volunteering partnership with MS Queensland can contact our Volunteer Coordinator to discuss the range of possiblities.
VOCATIONAL PLACEMENTS AND INTERNSHIPS
We often partner with a number of tertiary educational institutions to provide vocational placements and training to students engaged in community health. We also offer internship positions to interested graduates looking to gain supervision and applied experience in their chosen fields. To lodge an expression of interest, please contact your organisation/university training coordinator or contact our Volunteer Coordinator.